Our 4th Child!


What a surprise to receive such a beauty this February!

So,It's Wednesday in the very early afternoon and I'm preparing a special lunch for Daniel who will be home from teaching soon when I receive a phone call that the Baby Safe has gone off and  a baby inside needing to be picked up!
Now this is a first for us to have a child left in broad daylight! 

Luckily, our house is just moments from the safe and I arrive shortly only to lay my eyes on the most petite, sparkly eyed little girl I've seen yet. 
I cannot believe that in a moment's notice I get to love on and pray for this precious little one.
I wonder how long we will have together?
I wonder how will she respond to this trauma?
She is noticeably older, despite her small stature;
Alert, strong and full of expression, I'm sure she will not go unaware of today's events. 

In the first moments of arriving to our home she is calm, sleepy and easily soothed to sleep. However, in the hours that follow she is nearly inconsolable. Baby girl cries with such sorrow and trembling that she makes herself sick. The remedy comes through the combination of  lyrics and melody of the Keith Green song "Oh Lord your beautiful", a hearty bounce and a stroll outside. But, when those eventually fail to do the trick, she responds only to the constant hum of my prayer language and intersession over her life. Eventually, other things sooth for a small amount of time like the tire swing rigged in our bathroom. She isn't ready to eat until 1:00 am and I am thankful that she is finally able to stomach something. 

Our short time together is sweet and God answers the cry of our hearts by quickly providing a long term "kangaroo" mother until she sweet Baby is adopted. 
God is Good and we are blessed.
Love D & M







FEBRUARY BABY GIRL!

captured our hearts....

It was VERY difficult to say goodbye to this sweet, petite, princess pea
who was our 4th consecutive baby in the last months...
was a treasure and a gem.

1 comment: